Monday, July 29, 2013

Overcoming hopelessness - Nick Vujicic at TEDxNoviSad


I wanted to continue talking about hope, as I know there is so much hopelessness in our wold today and even more hopelessness for those struggling with the effects of child abuse. I cannot say enough about hope, so you will find many more blogs on the topic.

I wanted to share another TED video. I love TED as it has powerful messages in a small package. Most of us aren't going to sit and watch a long video, but we all have 10 minutes to listen. This talk is by Nick Vujicic. Nick Vujicic was born in Australia to a Serbian immigrant family, with a rare disorder characterized by the absence of all four limbs. Throughout his childhood he struggled with depression and suicidality.  He brings a message of hope and talks about the importance of turning obstacles into opportunites and walls into doors. He says that we all have a choice no matter what our life circumstance are. We can choose to be angry or we can choose to be grateful for what we do have. I will be blogging about anger in the future, becuase I do feel there are some good things about anger. But that is a topic for another blog. Enjoy Nick's message of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you and understand there may be a need for anonymity so we have included anonymous posts availability.