Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Thoughts



I sometimes hesitate to continue to fill this blog with quotes, and talks and videos of hope. I know that sounds kind of silly. All of our brain's neuro-pathways can benefit from that type of blog. But I don't want this blog to just be a bunch of faithful quotes. There are plenty of wonderful bloggers out there already. We also have Mormon.org and LDS.org and the Mormon channel and a multitude of sources from all faiths that we can turn to for faithful and inspiring thoughts (of course don't forget TED talks :)). My purpose in this blog was to make it ok to talk about difficult things too. And yet..... I still find myself drawn too hopeful messages.  I  believe that there is good in this world. That despite the horrendous things that some of you have suffered and that so many in this world suffer from -that there is light and there is goodness and there is hope.

 But I want to make sure that I let you each know that life is not as simple as a faithful quote. I know that there is suffering and there is pain and that we all feel alone sometimes. And I know that despite all that I know of the gospel and its "good news" -that there are times when we feel hopeless and lost and confused. That is part of this life experience. Knowing that it is part of life -doesn't make it easier either. I struggle with making sure that the messages on here remain faithful and yet realistic. That they speak to your real life experiences and yet not be "triggering".  I will continue to find strive to find this balance.

Today I will ere on the side of hopeful thoughts though-how can I not with it being Easter:)


This has been a particularly long winter. In Illinois there are still no leaves on the trees. As I left for church today-Easter Sunday, I did see a few daffodils, though, breaking through the ground reminding me that spring really is here. I felt grateful for the opportunity to reflect on Easter and all that our Savior Jesus Christ has done for us. I am grateful that it is because of him-that we each can be healed spiritually, physically and emotionally.

One of my very favorite talks on Easter and on how we truly are not alone is from Elder Holland.




It is because of what Christ went through -that he can truly be with us in the darkest hours. He can feel what we feel and understand what we experience , becuase he has been there. Elder Bradly Foster said so beautifully this past March,

"With the vantage point of the future, we shall be satisfied with many of the happenings of this life that are so difficult for us to comprehend,” said President Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985). He added: “We knew before we were born that we were coming to the earth for bodies and experience and that … after a period of life we would die. We accepted all these eventualities with a glad heart, eager to accept both the favorable and unfavorable. We eagerly accepted the chance to come earthward even though it might be for only a day or a year.”....I testify that the Savior will abide with you in your darkest hour. He is there, and He has declared, “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33)."  Elder Bradly Foster, Ensign MAR. 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you and understand there may be a need for anonymity so we have included anonymous posts availability.