Thursday, November 14, 2013

Take a Time Out, Let Loose, Be Crazy, and Dance!




We've talked about importance of grounding in previous posts before.  Monday I was flooded with flashbacks, doubts, stress, and anxiety.  It was difficult to stay in the present and I felt so disconnected but I learned an important yet simple lesson.  Sometimes you just need to take a moment to take a time out, let loose, be crazy, and dance. 

This is something I use to do all of the time and realized I need to do it more often.  While I had my stereo cranked and was making a fool of myself dancing my stress washed away for 3 minutes and was reconnected to the present. 

Healing from childhood sexual abuse is hard work.  Being a loved one or supporter of a survivor is hard work as well and both people face stress, the unknown, anxiety, you name it but sometimes we just need to take a breather from it all and dance.  If you don't like to be seen dancing, which is most of us, find a secluded place.  I've even been found dancing in a bathroom stall at work before.

"Music can enrich your life. It can edify and inspire you and help you draw closer to Heavenly Father. Music has a profound effect on your mind, spirit, and behavior." 




                                                                                    

 "If thou art merry, praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving.  If thou art sorrowful, call on the Lord thy God with supplication, that your souls may be joyful.  Fear not thine enemies, for they are in mine hands and I will do my pleasure with them." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you and understand there may be a need for anonymity so we have included anonymous posts availability.