Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Judging


One thing I've discovered is the great healing power that can come as we turn away our judgements.  Judging is also one of the greatest road blocks as well when we fail to stop unnecessary judging.  There are times in our lives we need to make judgements and that is not what I am referring to in this post.  

As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse I do things differently, am triggered, have a flashback, and sometimes just freak out.  When those around me judge my actions as selfish or weird it easily feeds into my own self believe that I truly am just that.

It is important for survivors to fight our own self judgement and instead fight to see ourselves as the Savior does.  Self-compassion is one of the greatest tools I've found (or have learned in counseling) to overcome the judgements we feel from the world, those around us, and ourselves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you and understand there may be a need for anonymity so we have included anonymous posts availability.