Thursday, February 13, 2014

Your Polar Vortex

 

Ice Storm

So I don't know about you, but I am feeling pretty done with winter. It has been the winter of the "polar vortex"  which has meant more snow then ever and daily frigid temperatures. We have not been good about keeping up with all the snow and our driveway and walk way are evidence of this. My husband has slid his car into the snow banks of our driveway 4x -getting stuck in the snow. I have stopped mopping the muddy snowy footprints off my floors, becuase of how discouraging it is to just finish mopping and have muddy snow prints walk right across it. I don't have alot of good to say right now about the snow. Usually I love the beauty of the snow that hangs to the trees in our neighborhood -but at this point midfebruary I am finding it very easy to wish away the snow.

I am not even sure why I am writing this --except to say sometimes it just feels good to complain and get it out . So there I got it out. I know there is much good about winter. I know how blessed I am to be in a warm home with a good job and wonderful family and I am happy. That said --I can still say --I am ready for the sun.

To all of you who may feel you are in your "polar vortex" or the darkness of winter, I wanted to share a wonderful quote from Elder Holland. He says,

"Every one of us has times when we need to know things will get better. Moroni spoke of it in the Book of Mormon as "hope for a better world". For emotional health and spiritual stamina, everyone needs to be able to to look forward to some respite, to something pleasant and renewing and hopeful, whether that blessing be near at hand or still some distance ahead. It is enough just to know we can get there, that however measured or far away, there is the promise of "good things to come"....this is precisely what the gospel of Jesus Christ offers us....There is help. There is happiness. There really is light at the end of the tunnel. It is the Light of the World, the Bright and Morning Star, the "light that is endless, that can never be darkened" It is the very Son of God, himself...to any who may be struggling to see that light and find that hope I say; Hold on. Keep trying. God Loves you. Things will improve. Christ comes to you in His "more excellent ministry" with a future of "better promises".-An High Priest of Good Things to Come, Elder Jeffery R. Holland, Oct 1999





No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you and understand there may be a need for anonymity so we have included anonymous posts availability.